Amazing Race season 36

Vinny & Amber really got on my nerves last night. When they were showing their individual interviews and she was saying how she needs to listen to him more and do this and that. Girl!!!! Does he make all your decisions at work too? And he just does things his own way, don't worry about your partner. They need to go.

I like Rod but not so much his wife. She was just a whiner last night.

I don't like seasons when 1 team dominates. I really hope the 2 pilots when the whole thing. Kinda like "yeah, you can each race but we're going to win the final one".

I generally don't care when one team dominates, but in this case, they seem like such an unlikely team to be so successful.

We heard that this was filmed for 60 minutes rather than 90 and that is why they delayed airing it for a year. Maybe Ricky & Cesar's dominance is another reason for the delay. Maybe the editing team needed to add in extra footage (ex. Amber & Vinny drama, Danny & Angie's story) to make it more entertaining.

I think production tried to even the playing field last night. They created a long, physically difficult, run to get to the challenge. The start times were were very close which led teams to be bunched up. Still, somehow Cesar and Ricky were able to get out of the challenge before the other teams. Just about every kid plays little league. Who expected Ricky to do so well? I'm enjoying watching them.

Vinny & Amber really got on my nerves last night. When they were showing their individual interviews and she was saying how she needs to listen to him more and do this and that. Girl!!!! Does he make all your decisions at work too? And he just does things his own way, don't worry about your partner. They need to go.

Vinny: "I need to make sure I listen to her while she also focuses on not giving any tone or attitude."
Amber: "I just need to communicate assertively and not aggressively. I need to listen to him and not be so stubborn and hardheaded ...", she trails off, "... I guess"

1715275428907.png

Last edited:
https://www.goldderby.com/article/2024/the-amazing-race-yvonne-chavez-melissa-main-exit-interview/
That's crazy that there was a production issue for their elimination too! I loved seeing how happy they they looked during their update.
Well, that sucks even more. It’s one thing when a taxi driver messes you up, but when you have to wait for production and get eliminated? After the previous team got eliminated for the seam reason? Not cool. I hope TAR has done some deep thinking of what do when this happens again.

Well, that sucks even more. It’s one thing when a taxi driver messes you up, but when you have to wait for production and get eliminated? After the previous team got eliminated for the seam reason? Not cool. I hope TAR has done some deep thinking of what do when this happens again.

I think they either need to have a "spare" crew with the production staff at all times or they should credit back to the team the amount of time they had to wait for their crew. The team should still need to complete all tasks, but when they get to the pitstop, their time should be adjusted to reflect the amount time they spent waiting for their crew. They shouldn't be penalized when there is a problem with their crew. I'm sure there's some (legal) reason they can't do any of these things, but they do need to come up with *something* so teams aren't penalized for something that is out of their control.

I don’t think that’s a good reason, it’s more like what happens if the car breaks down, that shouldn’t penalize the contestants.
It's happened before. And they had to wait for it to get repaired or they had to wait for a replacement.

But that is equipment. The crew are part of your team. If someone on your team gets hurt, what do you do?

It's happened before. And they had to wait for it to get repaired or they had to wait for a replacement.

But that is equipment. The crew are part of your team. If someone on your team gets hurt, what do you do?
Maybe they need to be far more transparent that it's not a team of 2, it's a team of 4. And explain that some teams may be eliminated due to their crew who are selected by the show.

They choose their cars or taxi drivers. They don’t choose their crew. I think that’s the difference. Teams shouldn’t be penalized for something completely out of their control. I think if they had non elimination legs, they could extend some grace when a crew messes up. But the last two seasons didn’t have any non elimination legs. Perhaps the teams will be asked back, but they have a new baby so my guess is that they would pass.

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2024/the-amazing-race-yvonne-chavez-melissa-main-exit-interview/
That's crazy that there was a production issue for their elimination too! I loved seeing how happy they they looked during their update.
I'm sure this happens more often than we realize. Production needs to fill up with gas, production gets a flat tire, members of production get sick, etc. We most certainly don't see production getting locals to sign consent forms or performing COVID tests.

I'm sure there also mistakes or errors with local judges. Or maybe production tells them to approve challenges just to move things along. To me, this was pretty obvious in the face painting challenge. The early teams needed to be more detailed, while the later teams (painting on a sweaty face) passed with a less than perfect face paintings.

Maybe they need to be far more transparent that it's not a team of 2, it's a team of 4. And explain that some teams may be eliminated due to their crew who are selected by the show.

They choose their cars or taxi drivers. They don’t choose their crew. I think that’s the difference. Teams shouldn’t be penalized for something completely out of their control. I think if they had non elimination legs, they could extend some grace when a crew messes up. But the last two seasons didn’t have any non elimination legs. Perhaps the teams will be asked back, but they have a new baby so my guess is that they would pass.
Not really. Again, the crew is a part of their team. Whether they've been selected by the racers or for the racers makes no difference. They are still your teammates. Going back to the Reality Blurred article from last week, they said:

All of this connects back to a fundamental Amazing Race rule: teams must stay with their camera crews.

For my behind-the-scenes story about The Amazing Race season one, producer Brady Connell told me that when they were planning the race, this was a question. “It could have been the fatal flaw of the show. How do we keep the crews with them?” The answer, he said, was “they are part of your team. It was that simple.”
Season-one winner Brennan Swain told me that the crew “are like your kids. Every time you buy a ticket to do anything, you’ve got to buy a ticket for your kids that you got to keep them close.”

So, yes, Amazing Race teams have to treat their crew members like children: they always have to be with them and within sight.
So yes, racers will get penalized for something out of their control, because like it or not, racers have two other people that they need to look out for. The crew aren't people they chose, and the racers don't have to like it, but that is the rule, and they have to deal with the good and bad of it.

Not really. Again, the crew is a part of their team. Whether they've been selected by the racers or for the racers makes no difference. They are still your teammates. Going back to the Reality Blurred article from last week, they said:

So yes, racers will get penalized for something out of their control, because like it or not, racers have two other people that they need to look out for. The crew aren't people they chose, and the racers don't have to like it, but that is the rule, and they have to deal with the good and bad of it.
Actually my point was that I think the show should be transparent to viewers about the fact that these are 4 person teams. Viewers should be aware the show selects the crew, and that a crew can cause a team to be eliminated.
Many people watching have no clue about these details.

Last edited:
Actually my point was that I think the show should be transparent to viewers about the fact that these are 4 person teams. Viewers should be aware the show selects the crew, and that a crew can cause a team to be eliminated.
Many people watching have no clue about these details.
They have been breaking the fourth wall more during these reality competitions, but truthfully I don't think most viewers want to know.

What they should have is more BTS stuff for people like us, who are interested in how the sausage is made.

Like a car crash that I can't look away from, I watched Vinny & Amber's podcast this week. On their social media, they hinted that production had manipulated the results of the race. They also mentioned that they have a social media manager so I wonder if that comment was because people are searching for info on Danny and Angie and A&V thought it would drive more traffic to their podcast.

Below are two links to portions of their podcast where they mention how production may have impacted the race. First, when running out of the waterfall, they had to wait for their camera crew (sound guy) who was slower. The ran faster than the other teams, but their crew was slower so they were the last to leave. Second, they think that the driver was trying to pretend that he didn't know where he was going. The cameraman apparently prompted them to ask again in order to get it on film. They then stopped for directions which took up time. On the flip side, Vinny had been to Dominican Republic before and knew his way around. He had told producers that before he was cast. They talk about Vinny knowing how to get to the final mat without directions because he was familiar with the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter