A Week Around the Small World! Paris to Hong Kong to Shanghai to Tokyo TR!

Thursday April 4
This day started at the breakfast buffet again! They rotate some of the dishes everyday, which I thought was nice since there was a few different things to try. Instead of the Piggy Custard Buns, they had adorable Panda Red Bean Buns. This day was the Tomb Sweeping Holiday, and it was much busy at breakfast. I checked the Disney app and all of the Premier Access Passes for the next 3 days was already sold out, so whatever you do, don't visit Shanghai Disney on a national holiday!
PXL_20240403_234918297.jpg

Our flight was planned for the afternoon. I had built in this bit of buffer in case of the worst case scenario of flights being delayed, we would have a few hours to go to Disney. We contemplated going to the Bund or Disney Town(didn't open until 11am), but decided to just have a full rest day to prepare for our Tokyo Disney day coming up. Since we had access to Instagram and Youtube through GoogleFi, we hung out in the room all morning. I also enjoyed watching the Chinese TV channels, and a few had English subtitles.

Soon enough, it was hotel checkout time, so we left on our airport shuttle. On the way, we drove by a Costco! Had I known this was there, I would have brought my Costco card and stopped by, since it was within walking distance of the hotel.
PXL_20240404_043438724.jpg

Our shuttle stopped by Disney first, so when we got on the bus I typed on Google Translate that we were going to the airport and showed it to the driver, just to make sure he knew to drop us off since everyone else was heading to Disney. It would have definitely been faster to get a taxi right from the hotel, but we were in no rush, so the shuttle was easier and free.
PXL_20240404_050441484.MP.jpg

The airport has security that scans your bags as soon as you enter the doors, which I think is the only place I have ever seen this before. It was quick to get through though, as was exit immigration. For this part of the trip, we were flying Business Class on Japan Airlines, so our ticket got us into the SAA No.39 Lounge. This lounge had a surprisingly good food selection, which included a fresh noodle bar that I really enjoyed.
PXL_20240404_054048055.jpg

They also had lots of drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.
PXL_20240404_053211847.jpg

The last thing I wanted to do in China was to stop by a Starbucks or McDonalds. According to the airport website, Terminal 1 had a Starbucks so we headed out to go find it. Unfortunately, it was all covered up and was under renovation. I settled for a bottled Starbucks drink instead. I am someone who loves super icy drinks and culturally, drinks aren't normally very cold or have much ice in China so it was a little warm for me. I got the Caffe Latte, but I assume the Cheese one is like a Cheesecake and not Cheddar Cheese, right?
PXL_20240404_064921250.jpg

PVG Terminal 1 was pretty empty, so I would recommend getting into a lounge if you have to wait a while. There are quite a few options through Priority Pass at least. Soon enough, it was time to board our flight!
PXL_20240404_104619297.MP.jpg

I think we were the only Americas on the plane haha. For the 3 hour flight, here were the meal options in Business.
original_7ae931ca-61ab-4ed2-b3eb-ca1b0cf9e706_PXL_20240404_074031974.jpg

Since its not everyday you fly to Japan, I had to try the Japanese option. I got it with the JAL Skytime Juice and Plum Wine, one of my favorites! Dessert was Hagen Das Ice Cream.
PXL_20240404_084508749.jpg

The flight went by way too fast and we landed at Haneda Airport in Japan!

Next time on the TR, our first impressions, an early morning, and finally making it to Tokyo Disneyland!

I'm kinda sad your trip is coming to an end soon, but excited to hear your thoughts on TDR - that's the only one I haven't been to yet (other than WDW). I told my partner about your trip and he looked at me in utter despair and couldn't believe that you managed to squeeze it all into a week lol!

I haven't been on Tron at Magic Kingdom yet, so I was excited to get to ride the "original" one first. I still have a lot of friends who live in Orlando, and they had really hyped it up. If I'm being honest, I thought it was a good ride, but nothing mind blowing. It was definitely worth the Premier Access cost or a 45 minute wait, but I wouldn't want to pay Genie Plus prices or wait hours for it. For some Disney Coaster comparison, I think Cosmic Rewind at Epcot is much better and more immersive, but I can understand why people like Tron so much.
I absolutely loved Tron! But to be fair, I rode it when it first opened in 2016 and 2017, and don't have any of the WDW coasters to compare it to. I also liked the layout of their Tomorrowland - I think being on 2 levels really adds something.

We ended up perfectly planning our time, because it was just a 15 minute wait until the Disney Color-Fest Street Party. People tend it really crowd up along the roads for these parades, but I had figured out with the first one that the best place to stand is right behind a stroller. This lets you get a relatively clear view.
That little parade sounds like a lot of fun! Great tip to stand behind a stroller too.

Shopping in the Asian parks is always a lot of fun!

The last thing I wanted to do in China was to stop by a Starbucks or McDonalds.
Haha Starbucks isn't really a thing in Australia - I think there's just a few stores in the major cities on the east coast. So it's always a bit of a novelty for me. Maccas definitely is a thing and is actually where we can get the Starbucks style drinks from.

Another one who is sad your trip is coming to an end!
I hope you will rank all the parks at the end in your opinion, now you have been to them all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter